POSITIVE DESIGN IN ACTION
An educational product for children from ages between 3 and 8 to play and expand their emotional vocabulary by eliciting feelings of curiosity, fun, and love of learning while generating thoughts about emotional experiences in a family context.
Through "I FEEL MANY THINGS DURING THE DAY" kids will concentrate on building a basic, but meaningful lexicon of feeling words. This instructional emphasis bears, not coincidentally, a close resemblance to cognitive behavior dynamic. Children will be asked when they feel a certain feeling after touching and listening each emotion. A parent or a caregiver will be there to support the child, so he or she can associate their emotions while playing "I FEEL MANY THINGS DURING THE DAY."
What kids will learn
- Expectations / standards ( in-group / out-group )
- Family relationships and dynamics
- Meaning of behavior, contextualizing behavior, and consequences of behavior.
- Different meanings of same word: example“mistake”
- Perspective taking – Empathy
- Emotional Transition
Dimension - 34 inch x 35 1/2 inch
Play Mat: Felts and embroidery
Circuit: Arduino (touch board), wires, conductive ink, and materials for soft circuit